Sunday, January 17, 2010

Helping the Homeless

If you read Jennifer's blog that I posted earlier, she inspired me to get out there and help the homeless.  As with any city, there are homeless all around where I live.  I've been complaining about how cold I am just going outside to run to my car then felt pretty guilty about my complaints!  My boyfriend and I went to a haunted hayride back in October and he was sweet enough to bring along these awesome hand warmers.  So it got me thinking, why not pass out hand and body warmers to homeless that I see in passing?  These items are $.99 to $1.99 and really make a world of difference when you are outside.


I think the employees at Dick's Sporting Goods thought I was crazy when I piled tons and tons of these on the counter, almost cleaning them out. I gave a few out this weekend, and plan on keeping them in my car to pass out when someone crosses my path.  I figured I'd share the idea with you guys to keep in mind :)  Thanks to my friend Cara for chipping in to help me buy twice as many! Join me in completing one good deed, each and every day on SproutLaunch!

1 comment: